Philadelphia commercial is a website dedicated to the businesses, services and professional that cater to the residents of the Philadelphia region and the surrounding areas. We are dedicated to the development of businesses both small and large, huge corporations and small business owners. Our goal is to provide a resource where business owners can communicate and develop relationships that are not only beneficial to their businesses, their employees but also to the residence of this great city of Philadelphia.
Our goal is to cover individual businesses, entrepreneurs and upstart businesses ranging from the small mom-and-pop restaurants and stores in the region to the large five-star restaurants, you can read detail guides here. We will also cover businesses, professionals like attorneys, doctors, health and wellness bonds and even try to provide tips for not only improving your business but also improving you personally as it individually both physically and mentally.
All too often as business owners we sacrifice ourselves in order to ensure the success of our business. So it’s important to remember to take care of yourself. So we’re going to start off this blog by giving you some healthy tips for keeping yourself fit and trim and hopefully improving your overall health and wellness.
If you are new to this great city of ours here are some businesses and attractions that as a tourist you should definitely visit.
- Independence Hall
- Liberty Bell
- Philadelphia Museum Of Art
- Franklin Institute
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Please Touch Museum
- Franklin Square
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Independence National Historic Park
- Independence Visitor Center
- Congress Hall
- Betsy Ross House
- Second Bank of the United States
- Presidents House
- Reading Terminal Market
- Edgar Allen Poe National Historic Site
- Barnes Foundation
- The Rocky Steps
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Philadelphia City Hall
- Love Park
- National Memorial
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- National Constitution Center
If you’re looking for restaurants in Philadelphia you have certainly come to the right city. Here is a list of a few of my favorite restaurants.
If you are looking for Italian restaurants give these places a try:
- Spasso’s Italian Grill
- L’Angolo Ristorante
- Victor Café
- Radicchio Cafe
- Ralph’s Italian Restaurant
- Villa di Roma
- La Fourno Ristorante Trattoria
- Modo Mio
- Bistro Romano
- Dante & Luigi’s
- Popi’s Italian Restaurant
Angelino’s Restaurant and Pizzaria
Here are a few of my favorite Chinese restaurants:
- Sang Kee Peking Duck House
- David’s Mai Lai Wah
- Evergreen Chinese Restaurant
- Nan Zhou Hand Drawn Noodle House
- Gold Empress Garden
- Ting Wong Restaurant
- Asia II Chinese Restaurant
- Spring Chinese Restaurant
- Su Xing House
- Choy Wong Kitchen
- Square on Square Chinese Restaurant
- Golden Chopstick Chinese Food
- New Queen Chinese Restaurant
- Imperial Palace Chinese Restaurant
- South Garden Chinese Restaurant
- Szechuan Hunan Chinese Restaurant
- Long River Chinese Restaurant
- New Ruby Chinese Restaurant
- New Harmony Vegetarian Restaurant
Don’t worry because I will be adding more restaurants to this list as time goes on.
We going to start by giving you a few recipes that you can enjoy during these forthcoming hot summer months. Most of them are quick and very simple to make. I offer you all the opportunity to comment and post on this blog, when our articles and if there are specific things that you would like us to review or research for you.
Pear And Pork Tenderloin Salad
This is a fantastic recipe and it serves a people. Each serving has approximately 270 calories, 9 grams of fat, 29 grams of protein and 17 grams of carbohydrates.
- Chopped fresh rosemary – 1 teaspoon
- One finely chopped clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Approximately 2 pounds of pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup of Madeira wine
- Finally chopped shallots – 2 tablespoons
- White wine vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped fresh chives – 2 tablespoons
- 6 ounces of baby spinach leaves
- One head of radicchio, chopped
- One head of Boston lettuce, chopped
- 4 ripe pears
- 4 ounces of goat cheese .
Let’s begin by combining the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and boil in a small bowl. Then rub this all over your tenderloins and cover them with plastic wrap. Then refrigerate them for about 2 hours or even overnight to marinate. After the tenderloins have marinated heat your oven to 350°F. Make sure to coat an ovenproof medium-size skillet with cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium – high heat then add the pork and cook this until it is brown on all sides, this usually takes about 5 minutes. After that move the skillet to the oven and proceed to roast for about 20 minutes or as long as it takes for the pork to be thoroughly cooked. After that move the tenderloin to a plate and let it cool down. Next pour your wine into the skillet and simmer over medium – high heat making sure the scrape up any of the browned bits from your tenderloin. Do this for about 2 minutes and then remove from the heat and add the shallots, vinegar and chives. Then in a large bowl combine the spinach, radicchio and Boston lettuce. Add the wine mixture and then toss everything together to mix it nicely. Take your 8 serving plates and arrange the greens on top of them and then cut your pork into 1/4 inch thick slices and divide them amongst the plates. Remove the core from the Paris and cut the pear into thin slices and put them on your plate as well. Sprinkle each of the individual dishes with the cheese and enjoy.
Gazpacho Salad with Feta
This recipe serves 6 people and each serving has about 290 calories, 5 grams of fat, 15 grams of protein and 49 grams of carbohydrate.
- 3/4 cup of reduced fat balsamic dressing and marinade
- 1 pound the ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 pound of reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- one medium-size seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of arugula chopped
- one head of Boston lettuce, chopped
- one medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 6 regular size pita breads
Combined the marinade, tomatoes, faded cheese, cucumber, arugula, lettuce and onion in a large bowl and toss everything together. Cut the pita breads in half and split each half open to form pockets. Evenly divide the salad into 6 servings and fill the pitas. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Bread Salad
- Pita breads – 3
- Tomatoes – 2 cups, stemmed
- Watercress – 2 cups two cups of watercress,
- one and a half cups of diced seeded cucumber
- 1 cup of chopped fresh mint
- 3 quarter cups of diced sweet green pepper
- three quarter cups of thinly sliced scallions
- one quarter cup of olive oil
- 1 quarter cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
First heat your oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit and split the pitas in half. Cut them into bite-size pieces and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake them until they are golden, this should take about 5 minutes. Next combine the tomatoes, watercrest, cucumber, mint, green pepper and scallions in a large bowl. Then combined the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and coriander in a small bowl and add these to the tomato mixture. Add the toasted pita pieces just before serving. This great recipe makes 6 servings each of them having approximately 200 calories, 10 grams of fat, 5 grams of protein and 25 grams of carbohydrates.
Penne Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes Smoked Mozzarella and Basil
The ingredients are:
- three quarter pound of penne pasta
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes each of them sliced in half
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1 quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- one half pound of smoked mozzarella cheese diced
- 1 cup of packed fresh basil leaves finely chopped
Start by cooking your pasta in a large deep pot of lightly salted water until it’s cooked. Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium heat then add the garlic and sautee for one minute. Next add your tomatoes, salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes or until they’re heated all the way through. Next toss the penne pasta with tomato mixture, cheese and basil and enjoy.
This recipe makes 6 servings each of them having 330 calories, 13 grams of fat, 15 grams of protein and 41 grams of carbohydrate.
Linguine with Zucchini Sauce
The ingredients are:
- three quarter pounds of cooked linguine
- 2 pounds of zucchini coarsely shredded
- 3 quarter teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- half cup of alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 quarter teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 quarter teaspoon of liquid hot pepper sauce
Cook the linguine as you normally would in a large deep pot of lightly salted boiling water. While your pasta is cooking coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Next add the zucchini, garlic, salt and black pepper and cook this while stirring it often until everything is nice and soft. It should take about three or possibly four minutes. Next stir in the cheese, alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and pepper sauce and heat this making sure that everything is mixed together and heated all the way through. After that, spoon everything into a large bowl and toss it with your Linguini. Then cover it and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then make sure you mix everything together nicely before you serve it. This recipe makes 6 servings each of them having approximately 240 calories, 5 grams of fat, 13 grams of protein and 38 grams of carbohydrate.
The ingredients are:
- one medium sized onion finely chopped
- 3 large cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of water
- two cans of zesty diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- one half teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- a pinch of cayenne
- three-quarter pounds of orecchiette pasta or any other type of tube shaped pasta
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- one quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1 quarter teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
First coat a medium-size saucepan with cooking spray. Place it over a medium – high heat then add the onion and cook until it’s soft, for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the onion. Then add the garlic and water and cook this for two minutes. Mix up your diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper flakes, oregano and cayenne into the sauce pan and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water, until it’s cooked. Slice the spinach and add to the sauce and cook for about 5 minutes then add the salt and pepper. Drain your pasta and move it over to a large serving bowl. Next pour the sauce over top of your pasta and mix everything together nicely then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese over top. This recipe makes 6 wonderful servings each of them having 250 calories, 2 grams of fat, 10 grams of protein and 15 grams of carbohydrates.
Pasta with Spicy Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 3 large sweet red peppers sliced in half and please remove the seeds
- 2 large shells, peeled and cut in half
- two cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Honey
- one half teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- one third cup of light sour cream
- three quarter pound of pasta
Start by heating a broiler and place the peppers on your broiler pan. Place the shallots and garlic around the peppers. Broil the vegetables 4 inches from the heat for about 10 – 12 minutes or until they are crisp and tender. Then let them cool. Peel the peppers and cut into halves and place them in a large pasta bowl. Combined the remaining sweet pepper, shallots, garlic, almonds, parmesan cheese, vinegar, honey, salt and cayenne into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth then add the sour cream and blend just until everything is smooth and then pour this into a bowl. In the meantime cook your pasta in a large deep pot of lightly salted boiling water until it’s cooked and then drain the water. Add to the red pepper mixture in the bowl and toss to mix everything together. This recipe makes 6 servings each of them having 250 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 9 grams of protein and 48 grams of carbohydrates.
These recipes are not only healthy but they taste fantastic as well.
If you are stressed to the max and need to take a break you should definitely treat yourself to the health care specialist as well as alternative and holistic medicine practitioners in the area.
There are so many fantastic health and wellness spas in the area that you definitely should give yourself a treat by visiting them. In this city we are very fortunate because we enjoy the benefit of great services and professional such as medical weight loss doctors in Philadelphia, bariatric surgeons, nutritionists, holistic and alternative medicine specialist, yoga gurus, health fitness and wellness experts and even the best of physical therapists, chiropractors and massage therapist.